SAN FRANCISCO, February 16, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The World clinical decision support systems market the size should reach $8.60 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.7% from 2021 to 2028. Growing demand for quality care is one of the major factors driving the clinical decision support systems (CDSS) market. The constant search for reliable technological solutions by healthcare providers should also work in favor of the market. Growing interest in improved medical care and effective decision-making is expected to fuel the adoption of CDSS and EHR.
Main information and conclusions of the report:
- The standalone CDSS product segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020 owing to its low cost. The EHR segment integrated with CDSS is poised to experience notable growth over the next few years owing to the rapid adoption of healthcare IT solutions by clinicians.
- In terms of application, drug allergy alerts held the largest revenue share in 2020 due to the growing allergy burden.
- By delivery mode, the on-premise systems segment led the market with a share of more than 40.0% in 2020 due to its high adoption by healthcare organizations.
- On the basis of components, the CDSS software segment is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period owing to new innovations for technical support and interoperability of CDSS software.
- North America dominated the market in 2020 owing to the presence of a large number of key players and high adoption of advanced technologies. Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR of 13.0% during the forecast period.
Read the 150-page market research report, “Clinical Decision Support Systems Market Size, Share, and Trend Analysis Report by Product (Standalone CDSS, EHR Integrated with CDSS), by Application, by Delivery Mode, by Component, by Region and Segment Forecast, 2021-2028“, published by Grand View Research.
Clinical Decision Support Systems Market Growth and Trends
To manage the COVID-19 pandemic, many initiatives are being undertaken by government and community organizations to support the current healthcare system. These included frontline clinics by state governments, a panel of volunteer doctors, and numerous private telemedicine apps. The CDSS plays a vital role during the pandemic, helping physicians make effective choices at the point of care. Hence, market players are taking advantage of this opportunity to address the issue and provide support to frontline doctors. For example, in May 2020DHIndia has announced a collaboration with [email protected] and Healthelife to develop CDSS for COVID-19 screening. This collaboration also included the creation of a minimal triage app for frontline clinicians.
Decision support in critical health situations is important. In addition, these systems analyze patient medical records and provide a list of possible solutions from which the most appropriate should be selected. The easy compatibility and interoperability of the systems with different platforms has enhanced the growth prospects of the market. The collaborative efforts of researchers and software developers to make medical knowledge available to users are expected to help generate lucrative revenue over the forecast period.
At present, CDSS is widely implemented in various healthcare functions such as diagnosis, drug prescription, and clinical investigations. The importance of CDSS has been recognized across multiple healthcare entities, including the public and private healthcare sectors. In addition, healthcare organizations are undertaking initiatives to promote the installation and integration of EHR and CDSS, which is expected to positively impact the market growth by encouraging hospital and healthcare groups to implement new such solutions.
Market players are involved in strategic initiatives such as new product launches, product innovations, acquisitions, and partnerships to gain a competitive advantage over each other. For example, in October 2021, DreaMed Diabetes AI LTD. announced it had received FDA clearance for its AI-based CDSS for type 2 diabetes, enhancing its offering.
Clinical Decision Support Systems Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global clinical decision support systems market on the basis of product, application, delivery mode, component, and region:
Clinical Decision Support Systems Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Autonomous CDSS
- Integrated CPOE with CDSS
- Integrated EHR with CDSS
- Integrated CDSS with CPOE & EHR
Clinical Decision Support Systems Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Drug-Drug Interactions
- Drug allergy alerts
- Clinical reminders
- Clinical guidelines
- Medication dosing support
Clinical Decision Support Systems Delivery Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Web-based systems
- Cloud-based systems
- On-premises systems
Clinical Decision Support Systems Components Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
Clinical Decision Support Systems Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (SOUL)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
List of Key Players of Clinical Decision Support Systems Market
- McKesson Corporation
- Cerner Company
- Siemens Healthineers GmbH
- Allscripts Healthcare, LLC
- athenahealth, Inc.
- NextGen Healthcare Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips AG (Royal Philips)
- IBM Corporation
- Agfa-Gevaert Group
- Wolters Kluwer AG.
Check out other related market research published by Grand View Research:
- eClinical Solutions Market – The Global eClinical Solutions Market Size is Expected to Reach $21.8 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.6% from 2022 to 2030. Increasing R&D activities by biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical companies, application of software solutions in clinical trials, and customer expansion is expected to fuel market growth.
- Healthcare Software as a Service Market – The Global Healthcare Software as a Service Market Size is Expected to Reach $51.7 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to register a CAGR of 19.5% from 2021 to 2028. Growing adoption of cloud computing in healthcare industry is driving the growth.
- Healthcare cloud infrastructure market – The global healthcare cloud infrastructure market size is expected to reach $142.0 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.7% from 2021 to 2028. , overloaded healthcare systems, increased network traffic, growing data silos, and the emergence of remote working are contributing to the demand for healthcare cloud infrastructure systems and solutions.
Browse Grand View Research coverage on the Health informatics industry
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, a US-based market research and consulting firm, provides syndicated and custom research reports and consulting services. Checked in California and whose head office is at San Francisco, the company has more than 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1,200 market research reports to its extensive database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis of 46 industries in 25 major countries around the world. Using an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and assess upcoming opportunities.
Corporate Sales Specialist, United States
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
E-mail: [email protected]
The Web: https://www.grandviewresearch.com
Grand View Compass | Grand View Pipeline
Follow us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCEGrand View Research, Inc.